Today I finally swapped the wiring harness (loom) on the ladies bike. Got her cranked up and running.
No oil leaks that I saw except the grommets for the wires on the stator cover. Minor, especially since it’s a low compression area.
So it was music to my ears. Unfortunately I got to take the carbs back off and see if something made its way back into the jets.
I still have to bleed the slave cylinder for the clutch, Take off one of my exhaust pipes to put the big cover for the slave cylinder back on. So when I do that I’ll be replacing the exhaust gaskets too.
It needs tires but I’ll see what’s left in them. Going to hardwire the headlight and make new wire harness for the turn signals since she wants the original ones. Needs an oil change, got the filter and need the oil. Just wanted to crank it before doing so.
Will keep posting as progress comes.
You don’t know how alone I feel when talking to you…
I love my good ol’ metallic deposits when eating out.
Here’s a sifter with rust that is used sift people’s flour with at the lovely establishment I’m currently at.
He said he asked his boss and they said to keep it despite it being a serious violation.
Management = Fucktards
So with everything I’ve done from the carbs, fuel pump, battery, rebuilds of master/slave cylinders, petcock to the small electrical repairs I’ve done. It’s obvious that the biggest thing wrong with her bike was the wiring harness (loom) which is 29 years old and brittle as hell.
I found some cheap but they did not look good at all.
Then I found one for $45 that looked okay. I’m ordering it this week and I believe this is the last thing her bike needs now except for some tires.
But I did finally get to turn the motor over!!! Which sounded good.